Most have us want to be healthy and treat our bodies well. Many foods that we eat today have the opposite effect. The good news is, that there are 5 foods that we call superfoods. With these 5 foods in your diet, you will be healthy and feel great. They also have medicinal value and health benefits.
The 5 superfoods are:
1. Cranberries. Berries, in general, are very good for you. Cranberries, specifically, is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants, Vitamin K, zinc, potassium, and phytonutrients. Cranberries are two times healthier than other berries like blueberries and strawberries. They are great for balancing the pH in your body and curing urinary-related problems. They are also good for preventing cancer, kidney stones, and ulcers.
2. Water. Water is non-negotiable in anyone’s diet. Our bodies are made up of 80% water. Your body needs water to stay hydrated for normal body functions to keep happening. It also regulates your metabolism and provides energy. You need to drink at least 3 liters of water or about 8 glasses a day. Your body uses water to flush out toxins and prevent illness.
3. Soy protein. Soy foods are used daily by vegetarians as a protein replacement. It is rich in carbohydrates, lactose, minerals and enzymes. Soy foods help prevent cancer, fatigue, and cholesterol problems.
4. Green vegetables. Green vegetables are on every list of healthy and weight loss foods. They are the best type of veggies and you should have lots of them. They have the highest concentration of nutrients and minerals that help with keeping you healthy. Veggies like green beans, kale, broccoli, spinach, and brussels sprouts are a must.
5. Cereals. Cereal is very nutritious and despite the fact that they count as carbs, they are necessary in your diet. Cereals include rice, ragi, and wheat. These cereals are high in fiber and contain necessary minerals, protein, carbohydrates, and phosphorus. Cereals also help to improve digestion.
With these foods in your diet, you will be healthy and give your body everything it needs. These foods taste great and in combination with each other or other foods, they make great meals.